So the other day I was thirlled to recieve a notification from Lianne at MrsMummyHarris86 saying she had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Quite simply it made my day! So thank you, thank you, thank you! I really was so flattered you thought of me!
So to explain the Liebster Award is designed for bloggers to nominate each other. It is a way of find out more about the bloggers themselves and to discover new blogs. As with anything there are rules which I have put at the end of this post. For those I have nominated feel free to copy and paste into your post.
I have done number 1. Thank you again Lianne.
Number 2. The badge… Display it proudly!
Number 3. My favorite blog: This is actually a tough one as I like quite a few. I think if I had to narrow it down, and this does change from week to week, I would currently say Life Is Knutts. Every week she runs an Instagram round up the the #CapturingtheDay community along side Double the Monkey Business (also a very good blog!) and they always choose such lovely photos. Aside from that her sense of humour in her writing is right up my street! I always enjoy reading her posts and they are always varied from family life to crafts. Plus, as a fellow gin lover what is not to like. Oh and all the recipes! Total winner for me. She is quite an all round blogger and nails each subject.
Number 4. 10 Random Facts about myself:
- Until recently (about a year ago) I hated chicken. I wouldn’t eat it under any circumstances. I disliked the taste and texture. Now I will only eat it if I have cooked it.
- I can cope with all creepy crawlies except spiders. I can’t even look at pictures of them.
- Daffodils are my favourite flowers. I like all flowers but they are my favourite, I love how bright and simple they are.
- I don’t like sitting on other peoples sofas. There is absolutely no reason for this but it started as a child. I would rather sit on the floor. I don’t give it a second thought until someone tries to make me sit on one, then it can make me anxious and I will likely just ‘perch’ to keep them happy.
- I met my husband just before I started university. I was adamant at the time that I didn’t want a relationship at that point in my life. I married him 3 years later!
- If I could speak any other language I would want to speak Russian. I don’t know why, I just think it would be useful.
- I do a really good Mickey Mouse impression.
- I have a four toe footprint. The tendons for my little toes are too short so they stick up. I was really embarrassed about this as a child.
- I love the winter and I would emigrate in an instant if it was to somewhere like Canada where it snowed every year. The South East of England gets crap snow.
- I have a dragon tattoo. It is well hidden so you would never know unless you were on holiday with me. I got it 11 years ago and I still love it. I want to get another one soon and have a design in mind.
Number 5. My Nominations:
- Ember at Relentlessly Purple
- Jo-Ann from A Mum… And Then Some
- My Rambling Thoughts
- Ali from Ali’s Upside Down World
- Kerry at Blissful Domestication
So that is it. The rules are below if you would like to join in and ‘accept’ the award. I look forward to reading your posts. I always enjoy finding out more about the bloggers who write them.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) Get it Here.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)