I do a weekly menu plan and this week I had decided to make lamb koftas with pitta breads. As I was making it I decided it was going to be too plain and boring so I started making things up as I went along.
This is what I came up with and it was delicious.
500g Minced Lamb
2 Cloves Garlic
3 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (if you like it spicy add 1 tsp, if you don’t like any spice don’t put this in)
2 tsp Honey
Cashew nuts (about a handful)
1 Romain Lettuce
Handful of Olives (black or green)
Rice or Pittas (I used both because we couldn’t decide which we wanted, greedy I know)
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Chop the bacon into small squares, approximately 1cm.
- Put into a large frying pan with a tsp of oil on a medium heat.
- Put the mince, garlic, garam masala, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper (if using) into a large bowl.
- Mix well then divide the mixture evenly and roll into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Put in the large pan along side the bacon pieces. Turn the balls every couple of minutes or until golden brown on all sides.
- Chop up all the salad ingredients and dress with the juice of the lemon.
- Remove the bacon once crispy and add to the cooked rice.
- Crush up the cashew nuts and add them and the honey to the frying pan with the meat balls and mix until well covered.
Serve and enjoy!